Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Simple is always better...

This week has just been crazy for me. Longer days at work, Lots of after school activities, homework...

So needless to say I have been taking a break from a creative kitchen and serving up something fast and simple. It's always a pleaser in my household if I make turkey panini's. Monday we made turkey and apple panini with a dill yogurt spread. It was tasty and super easy to whip up.
Tuesday was roasted chicken with spinach salad- thank you Trader Joes for a perfect bag of Organic super greens! And the skin on, bone in chicken was amazingly juicy. (I like to cook with the skin to keep it moist- but I peel it back before I eat) just not a skin girl ;)

So, tonight rolled around and once again baseball went late and my crossfit workout took much more strength than I thought! So I was tired and not wanting to think.
I had Grassfed ground beef in the fridge. I cooked it up with some onion and peppers, added a little garlic and pepper. Then I roasted some broccoli in the oven with a touch of coconut oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. I baked till tip turns crispy. That's my favorite way to eat broccoli.
I then proceeded to mix it all together.
Ground beef, onion, peppers, broccoli.

Super easy beef and veggie bowl. Chase had some fresh chopped tomatoes and lettuce in his- almost a taco bowl. Jason has marinara in his and I had mine just simple as easy!

It was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment